Despite the fact that ecommerce has grown 20% year over year, the ecommerce “gravy train” will be coming to a halt very soon for many ecommerce companies.
If you want to keep riding then it’s time to start investing in better experiences that provide value before asking for it.
Sam Mallikarjunan is the Head of HubSpot Labs and the author of the book “How To Sell Better Than Amazon”.
HubSpot is an all-in-one inbound marketing and sales platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
He is an expert ecommerce marketer and understand customer lifecycle marketing more than most thanks to his experience with inbound marketing at Hubspot.
Key Takeaways from the Show
- The ecommerce gravy train is coming to an end.
- Why cart abandonment shouldn’t be considered a bad thing…if you do it right.
- What closed loop attribution means and why you need to track it
- Why customers who abandon carts actually spend more than those who don’t.
- What the greatest threat to marketing is, and why it’s actually the greatest asset.
- How Berretta succeeds at selling firearms online, even though they can’t sell firearms online.
Links / Resources
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously a we’re very grateful for them. We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad!