017: Avinash Kaushik, Google’s Digital Marketing Evangelist & Market Motive Co-Founder – Growing Your Ecommerce Company to $10 Million Plus
Posted by July 9, 2014on
Avinash Kaushik is the best selling author of two books on web analytics; Google’s digital evangelist; and co-founder of Market Motive, the leading curriculum publisher of online marketing training.
The way people imagine possibilities in the world is very finite, his job is to work with some of the largest companies on the planet to help them imagine possibilities for commerce, influence, and relationships by leveraging the power of digital and by building new frameworks and ideas for engaging customers.
He has won multiple awards for analytics, including Most Influential Industry Contributor from the Web Analytics Association.
Avinash speaks at many conferences throughout the year including Search Engine Strategies, at major universities like Stanford, and he speaks at huge corporations such as IBM, Toyota, Google, and more.
He writes regularly on analytics, startups, and business building on his blog Occam’s Razor.
Avinash puts a common sense framework around the often frenetic world of web analytics and today he’s going to help us understand that framework as it pertains to ecommerce.
Topics Discussed Throughout This Interview
- The two things you need to focus on when growing your ecommerce company to $10 million plus
- Optimizing your site for the entire journey; what that means and how to do it
- Getting started with the Digital Marketing & Measurement Model
- The difference between a large and small business and when it comes to data analysis
- Giving your visitors the Fours Seasons Hotel experience at a fraction of the cost
- Plus a lot more!
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Occam’s Razor (Avinash’s Blog)
- Digital Marketing & Measurement Model Breakdown (Blog Post by Avinash)
- Digital Design & user Experience Best Practices: Happiness + Profits (Blog Post by Avinash)
- Best Web Metrics / KPIs for a Small, Medium or Large Business (Blog Post by Avinash)
- Market Motive (Avinash’s Online Marketing Training Company)
- Web Analytics 2.0 (Avinash’s Most Recent Book on Analytics)
- Web Analtyics An Hour a Day (Avinash’s First Book on Analytics)
- Sample Digital Marketing & Measurement Model with Analysis
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously, we’re very grateful for them.
We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad!
33 Killer Tools and Apps for Ecommerce Pros
Enter your email to access the list of my favorite tools for scaling your business