106: Building a Business with Andrew Youderian
Posted by April 28, 2016on
Andrew is the owner of eCommerce site RightChannelRadios.com and also runs eCommerceFuel.com, a private community for independent store owners.
Today we’re talking to Andrew about how to shift your mindset in order to grow a business and how to build a team you can count on, even in your absence.
He defines making the transition from product seller to business owner as being able to hire someone to do your job and still have a meaningful profit leftover. To that end, we discuss the following topics related to building out your company’s team.
Key Takeaways from the Show
- How to effectively teach your team to have a business owner’s mindset when it comes to values and customers service, and why it’s important to treat your employees the way you want customers to be treated.
- Hiring the right team by looking for people who are interested in learning the business, as opposed to just earning a paycheck.
- Determining which positions should be filled in-house and which ones can be outsourced, and how to make the most efficient use of VAs.
- Figuring out which tasks the business owner should handle and for how long, and which jobs can be outsourced early on.
- Determining the best method of communication with each of your contractors, whether it’s by phone, via email or through a project management program like Asana.
Links / Resources
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously and we’re very grateful for them. We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
33 Tools & Apps The Fastest-Growing Brands Are Using Right Now
Enter your email to access this list of killer tools for scaling up your ecommerce business