Get out from under never-ending to-do lists, delegate and build a business with happier employees, customers, and profit.
Cameron Herold was the CEO of 1-800-Junk, which he grew from 2 million to well over 100 million. He now has a company called the COO Alliance where he helps second in command up their game and be more successful.
He’s also the author of 5 books, including Vivid Vision, which lays the foundation for building a vivid vision in 3-year segments for your business and life.
There’s a ton of insight to gain from Cameron and we discuss getting clear on your priorities, traveling while running a business, having kids and still being an entrepreneur, and strategy for how to delegate, manage, hire and train your team.
- 5:26 Traveling to Antarctica with a group of CEO’s
- 8:31 Creating a larger vision for life and work and how Cameron came to practice and teach this
- 11:25 How to have a successful CEO and COO relationship to be successful
- 13:11 Cameron’s experience in a CEO / COO relationship
- 14:52 Hiring talent when experiencing rapid growth
- 17:21 Training & “passing information” from entrepreneur to leadership team
- 21:53 System lesson’s from franchisors for all business owners
- 25:41 Filling the model for setting goals
- 27:24 Why employee happiness should come before customer happiness
- 29:31 What motivates Cameron & how he stays motivated
- 30:42 Cameron’s personal vivid vision for the last 3 years
- 32:42 Building a global lifestyle
- 40:54 Making decisions for life and career and how it changes over a lifetime
- 42:35 How to adjust when things don’t go according to your vision
- 46:45 Being an entrepreneur and having a family
- 47:42 Delegation strategy and why leaders should be at the bottom of the org chart
Links And Resources
- Book: How to Run Away From Home: And Bring Your Family With You by Adam Dailey
- Book: Vivid Vision by Cameron Herold
- Book: Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredibly Voyage by Alfred Lansing
- Brand Growth Accelerator (apply today: next cohort starts Feb 15, 2022)
- Brand Growth Membership
- @a_brawn on Twitter
- Review or subscribe on iTunes