Is your content strategy worth half a million dollars?
Mark Stallings is the CEO of Casely, an ecommerce tech-accessories retailer that’s gone from zero to eight figures in just four years. After dropping out of college, Mark convinced his sister Emily to cofound the company with him. They’ve been bootstrapping their way through everything from website coding to paid advertising ever since.
I’ve gotten to know Mark over the last few years after he became a founding member of The Coalition in 2018. He joins us to share what he and his sister learned over the years, including how they profitably spend half a million dollars on paid advertising every month. We also touch on how they leverage their content strategy for growth, their approach to hiring, and how they maintain a lean team.
- 6:45 How Casely leverages the subscription model
- 10:33 Why Mark dropped out of college after one year
- 12:14 Diving into an Instagram rabbit hole to understand your audience
- 16:08 What the first six months of paid advertising looked like for Casely
- 18:31 The content strategy that’s taking the business to the next level
- 22:29 Building and scaling the Casely team
- 27:22 The two biggest obstacles when using FB ads
- 29:37 How Mark spends time in the business
- 31:12 Common misconceptions people have about spending a lot on Facebook
- 31:45 The top metrics Mark closely monitors
- 35:01 Mark’s biggest learning experience over 2020
- 38:51 The hardest part about building Casely
- 40:05 The secret sauce for hiring and company culture
- 43:26 What Mark is most curious about today
- 45:00 Two things every ecommerce company should focus on
- 47:15 Mark’s resources and strategies for growing your business