Writing copy that converts has nothing to do with magically pulling the perfect words out of thin air. It’s about learning how to copy + paste.
At least that’s what Val Geisler – email marketing conversion copywriter, strategist for B2C startups and Customer Evangelist at Klaviyo – has to say. Val has been a part of the eCommerce community for a long time and is a master at the art of conducting meaningful customer research that translates into copy that converts.
Val joins us today to dive deep into email marketing for eCommerce brands, marketing automation, copywriting, and how you can use words to increase the perceived value of your brand. We also talk about how to improve your email flows, how you should be using SMS, and what it means to build your acquisition flywheel.
If you want to learn how to set up email flows and automations, check out our Email Growth Guide and Intensive Course inside the Coalition.
- 4:18 The easiest way to write copy that converts
- 8:27 How to conduct meaningful customer research
- 12:16 Val’s new role at Klaviyo
- 21:40 The emails you absolutely need to do customer research for
- 26:13 Val’s approach to balancing qualitative and quantitative data
- 32:06 Klaviyo’s SMS product update
- 36:54 How do upgrade your flows with SMS
- 41:31 Ways you can optimize your abandoned cart
- 47:31 The power of marketing automation
- 52:00 How to design your customer acquisition flywheel
- 55:29 Val’s Email Marketing Hall of Fame