Positioning your brand correctly is the most powerful thing you can do to attract and retain customers. Effective copywriting is how you do it.
My guest on this episode is none other than The Email Copywriter, Chris Orzechowski, and he’s here to deliver massive value about copywriting, positioning, and marketing strategy.
We talk about how to think about copywriting, ways to improve your emails, and different styles of email campaigns and flows. We go deep into positioning and ways to unlock advertising angles for your brand that are probably already inside your own head if you’re passionate about your business and products.
Chris is a member of the Coalition, our community of 250+ eComm founders, and recently did a training on How to Make Your Emails Irresistible. It’s one of our most popular trainings so definitely check it out. If you’re interested in joining the Coalition to access this training and more like it, sign up here.
- 4:08 How Chris became The Email Copywriter
- 4:54 Why Chris chose to focus on eCommerce copywriting
- 9:01 Where Chris’s advertising inspiration comes from
- 11:36 Debunking the biggest misconception about email marketing – sending too many emails
- 15:18 Long form copy – why you should test it
- 19:28 Writing about your product with dimensionalized benefits
- 21:07 Levels of market sophistication and how to position yourself in your industry
- 24:21 Appealing to your market identity
- 26:26 Chris’s favorite email testing opportunities
- 28:15 The process Chris uses to test copy
- 32:08 Copywriting that shifts people’s mindset
- 33:17 Using your product knowledge to write inspiring copy
- 39:09 How to talk to your customers to inform your copywriting
- 40:49 The future of email marketing – what you should be thinking about
- 46:11 What’s working right now in email marketing – things to test today
- 52:28 The new marketing copy opportunity – SMS
- 58:59 How to hire a copywriter