This week we’re bringing you throwback that is all about the difference between brands that scale and those that don’t.
Kurt Elster interviewed me on the Unofficial Shopify Podcast and after re-listening to the episode, I wanted to share it with you. Kurt asks great questions and I outline my entire philosophy on growth.
In this episode, we talk about defining a growth strategy, scaling your advertising, and how to hire the team necessary to get to the next level. I also share what I’ve learned from working with some of the fastest-growing brands in the country.
- 4:30 How Austin has helped many brands scale from $500k to $1MM.
- 7:00 Why it’s so important to do almost every job in your business before turning it over to someone else.
- 8:27 The big differences between the Shopify brands that scale up and those that don’t.
- 12:00 How to remove tasks from your plate so your business can scale.
- 14:20 The core KPI’s Austin uses to understand his client’s scalability.
- 15:56 Understanding what your net promoter score is and why it is so valuable to ecommerce brands.
- 23:00 The point at which Austin regularly sees businesses die out and how you can overcome it.
- 30:17 Everyone wants to scale their business but it does come with a few downsides.
- 33:45 How PR has helped many ecommerce brands become successful.
- 39:34 The questions you should be asking yourself to help you define your success.
Links and Resources:
It’s safe to say that most of us have been doing more shopping online lately. And if you’re an ecommerce brand, that means you might be seeing more first-time customers.
But once they’ve made that first purchase, how do you keep them coming back?
That’s what Klaviyo is for. Klaviyo is the ultimate marketing platform for ecommerce brands.
Klaviyo gives you the tools to build your contact list, send memorable emails, automate key messages, and more. Way, way more.
That’s why more than 40,000 ecommerce brands— like Chubbies, Eight Sleep, and Living Proof— use Klaviyo to build a loyal following. Strong customer relationships mean more repeat sales, enthusiastic word-of-mouth, and less depending on third-party ads.
Whether you’re launching a new business or taking your brand to the next level, Klaviyo can help you get growing faster. PLUS it’s free to get started!
Just visit klaviyo.com/influence to create your free account today.
You may know Justuno for pop-ups but if you haven’t checked them out recently, they’re a full-blown CRO platform, yes, with pop-ups, but also with AI product recommendations, exit offers, FB Messenger, SMS capture and more.
Brands like Pura Vida Bracelets, Rothys, and MVMT use Justuno to capture and nurture their traffic to conversion. I recommend Justuno to my clients as a top CRO tool.
Now use AI cross-sells and upsells directly in-page or in-cart with Justuno Plus for higher AOV. Justuno Commerce AI ingests your product catalog then displays smart recommendations based on visitor behavior.
If you want to create a seamless experience from offsite to onsite with unified messaging, you need to check out Justuno.
Head over to justuno.com/influence to learn more, that’s J-U-S-T-U-N-O.com/influence