043: Ecommerce Conversion Optimization For Smart People – Peep Laja, ConversionXL.com
Posted by October 16, 2014on
Peep (his unusual name, to most people, is actually pronounced ‘Pep Laya’) currently runs a unique ecommerce conversion optimization marketing agency called Markitekt where they make existing sites better, and build new conversion optimized websites for clients.
He’s been featured in numerous popular marketing and online business publications including Smashing Magazine, ProBlogger, KISSmetrics and many others, and also delivers trainings and workshops on ecommerce conversion optimization and internet marketing.
Peep runs the world’s most popular ecommerce conversion optimization blog, and he says that his blog is written for smart people. No cheesy stuff, no “how to add a background to Twitter” nor “10 useless things that waste your time” type of posts, only well-researched highly actionable content.
Topics Discussed Throughout the Interview
- The two main levers in successful ecommerce conversion optimization
- The right “where” and “why” questions to ask when starting out with.
- The number one A/B split testing mistake
- Why statistical significance is not validity.
- Peep’s step-by-step consulting process.
Links / Resources
- ConversionXL.com (Peep’s Blog)
- Peep’s Twitter (@peeplaja)
- His most recommended post about the 12 mistakes CEO’s make in ecommerce conversion optimization
- His post on finding the leaks in your site
- Copy Hackers
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously, we’re very grateful for them.
We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad!
33 Tools & Apps The Fastest-Growing Brands Are Using Right Now
Enter your email to access this list of killer tools for scaling up your ecommerce business