042: How To Hire The Best Growth Consultant For Your Ecommerce Company – Graham Hunter, Tradecraft
Posted by October 9, 2014on
He’s been a marketing consultant at Intuit, among other brands, he’s started an agency, he’s worked at larger agencies, and he has been the first employee at a few ecommerce and software startups.
Graham has done a whole lot of consulting and he takes us through some interesting topics as we discuss the most effective way to hire the best growth consultant for your ecommerce brand.
We like to think of Graham as our Silicon Valley correspondent, as he’s got his finger squarely on the pulse of what some of Silicon Valley’s best companies are doing to grow their business.
Topics Discussed Throughout the Interview
- Why the terms “Growth” and “Marketing” have been separated by Silicon Valley
- Who should be your first hire and your second hire
- The number one marketing mistake growing companies make
- The qualities you need to look for when looking to hire the best growth consultant
- How to identify a great growth consultant through the questions they ask
Links / Resources
- Graham Hunter LinkedIn
- Graham’s MarketingToolKit.org
- Product Hunt
- Screaming Frog
- Webmaster Tools
- Bing Link Explorer
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously a we’re very grateful for them.
We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad!
33 Killer Tools and Apps for Ecommerce Pros
Enter your email to access the list of my favorite tools for scaling your business