123: [Case Study] How Gather Raised Over $430K on Kickstarter
Posted by August 29, 2017on
Have you ever thought about starting a Kickstarter campaign? Do you wonder how some people seem to have cracked the code on crowd funding?
If so, we’ve got a fantastic episode for you. Jeff Sheldon set a goal to raise $18,000 and ended up with over $430K in pre-orders. In this episode, he unpacks the details of his recent blowout Kickstarter campaign. Jeff shares what it takes to hit a crowdfunding home run and how to avoid some unexpected consequences of Kickstarter success.
- 5:40 Talking the talk: The Kickstarter Process
- 6:27 What set Gather apart from others on Kickstarter?
- 9:51 Building Mass Effect: How to tease your product on Instagram
- 11:30 Off to the Races: The first day of the Kickstarter campaign
- 14:06 Discovering Super Backers and their value on Kickstarter
- 15:50 The Facebook ROAS of Super Backers
- 17:04 How much time was spent just on your Kickstarter video?
- 19:59 The Future of UgMonk.
- 22:56 What they don’t tell you: The downsides of running a Kickstarter campaign
- 24:52 Recovering funds: Where did all the backers go?
- 27:15 Where is Gather now in the production cycle?
- 29:03 Productivity hacks: What Jeff uses to stay on task
Links and Resources:
33 Killer Tools and Apps for Ecommerce Pros
Enter your email to access the list of my favorite tools for scaling your business