If you’re just focusing on your company’s annual income, you’re doing it wrong.
Today, Ryan Tansom, founder of Arkona, is here to talk about why creating long term value in your business should be your priority.
In 2014, Ryan helped turn his family business around and then sold it for 8 figures. Today he’s helping entrepreneurs make the shift from thinking about annual income to focusing on long term value creation instead.
In this episode, Ryan shares why your goal shouldn’t always be to maximize income, how to think about investing in your business, and the right way to run your business so that people want to buy it.
Whether you have intentions to sell or not, Ryan’s ideas on creating long term value in your business will open up opportunities you’ll have the power and choice to leverage whenever you want.
- 4:49 Why Ryan is passionate about helping entrepreneurs create long term value
- 8:04 The right time for a business to think about its direction
- 11:16 Annual income vs long term value: Which is better?
- 13:51 How investing in your business could be more valuable than cash
- 18:00 Tracking the value of your company even if you don’t want to sell
- 19:30 What a “good valuation” really means
- 22:28 Things professional buyers are looking for when evaluating your company
- 25:47 Understanding the J curve and the opportunities you may be missing in your business
- 30:33 When it’s time to find a new CEO
- 35:37 Why you should focus on long term value even if you don’t plan to sell
- 41:16 What business owners should know about the exit process
- 44:21 The things entrepreneurs actually have control over
- 46:01 What you’ll learn in Ryan’s upcoming Coalition training