Imagine the insights you’d glean if you could get a behind-the-scenes look at five different brands at once. Lucky for you today’s guest is pulling back the curtain.
Andrew Faris is the host of the Ecommerce Playbook Podcast and CEO of eCommerce holding company, 4×400. After helping grow one brand from $0 to $20MM in less than 2 years, Andrew founded 4×400, where he supports five different eCommerce brands.
In this episode, Andrew shares the challenges he’s faced and how his mindset has changed while running multiple eCommerce businesses simultaneously. We discuss the shift he anticipates we’ll see in how brands reach their audiences in the near future and the channels he’s investing in as a result of this.
If you’re an eCommerce operator, you won’t want to miss this episode.
- 4:13 The meaning of 4×400 and how it relates to business growth.
- 6:11 Andrew’s beginnings in the eCommerce world.
- 10:20 The challenges of operating multiple eCommerce businesses at once and the depth of learning that comes with it.
- 15:57 What Andrew’s team at 4×400 looks like.
- 19:03 Metrics Andrew regularly looks at to track brands’ success.
- 21:34 Impacts of the iOS 14 update across five different brands.
- 24:57 Channels Andrew is investing in as a result of Facebook’s volatility.
- 30:55 The mindset shift entrepreneurs need to make around attribution.
- 33:47 Why you should take a cautious approach to your 2021 projections, especially if you crushed it in 2020.
- 35:09 How Andrew measures success and the difference between his free cash flow and EBITA goals.
- 38:25 Recommended resources for eCommerce entrepreneurs.
- 41:20 Lessons Andrew’s learned as he’s grown into a leader in his business.
- 46:35 Things that are making Andrew’s life better right now.
Links and Resources:
- Agency Partners
- Community Resources
- Video: How Finance Works: The HBR Guide to Thinking Smart About the Numbers – Mihir Desai
- Related Episodes
- Intentional Wealth
- The Coalition
- @a_brawn on Twitter
- Review or subscribe on iTunes