Buffy was one of the first brands to crack paid social. As today’s Facebook advertisers scramble to adjust to changes on the platform we revisit this Greatest Hits episode to learn from one of the best.
What started as an idea to disrupt the bedding industry has grown into a multi-million dollar business.
This summer we’re re-releasing some of our top episodes of all time, and this week we’re bringing back this incredibly relevant show with Buffy co-founder Shoaib Kabani.
We talk about everything from product development, to the importance of testing, how landing pages can improve your funnel, and what performance KPIs you have to be thinking about as you scale on paid social.
Whether you’re a business owner or an ecommerce marketer, you’re going to get a lot out of this episode.
- 5:55 How a desire to change the bedding industry led to the creation of Buffy.
- 7:27 The training Shoaib got from his start in consulting that’s helped him as an entrepreneur.
- 8:41Developing the initial idea and concept for Buffy: providing value and values.
- 10:35 The process of validating the concept online, on social, and in person before going all in.
- 13:33 How do I make this a no brainer for the consumer?
- 15:20 What’s worked for Buffy from a creative perspective and changes they’ve made as they’ve scaled.
- 19:42 Some of the unintended consequences of having a free trial offer.
- 21:01 Unique KPIs Shoaib looks at on a daily basis.
- 23:03 A funnel analysis tool that’s been a game changer as Buffy’s scaled up.
- 24:16 The materials and brand values that make Buffy stand out in the bedding industry.
- 26:27 How Buffy uses landing pages to enhance its sales funnel.
- 29:11 Addressing customer lifetime value when you have a limited number of products.
- 33:15 Shoaib’s approach to launching into new ad channels, specifically with affiliates and podcasts.
- 37:59 How the Buffy founders set their budget for testing new channels and concepts.
- 40:13 What you, the ecommerce business owner, need to be thinking about to be successful.
- 42:48 Exciting insight into what’s next for Buffy.