Perfect Keto started off as a side project and then experienced massive growth — making $100MM in just 19 months.
Dr. Anthony Gustin cofounded Perfect Keto as a side project in November of 2016. He had one goal in mind: making keto easy. Within 4 hours of launching, the company made $20,000 and took off like a rocketship since. Little did he know, the creation of Perfect Keto was at the rise of one of the largest diet crazes of the past 50 years.
Anthony joins us to talk about Perfect Keto’s growth, his business beliefs, and why he thinks going into retail is the last resort. We also discuss his experience of burnout and how entrepreneurs can best avoid it.
- 4:58 The problem with copying someone else’s formula for success
- 7:15 Starting a multimillion-dollar company by accident
- 12:52 What it’s like riding the wave of one of the largest diet crazes
- 16:02 How to solve nearly all of the problems in your business
- 20:00 Perfect Keto’s science experiment approach to business
- 22:03 Anthony’s experience with burnout
- 28:31 What Anthony wishes he knew before launching Perfect Keto
- 32:00 Anthony’s new approach to building teams and building a solid business foundation
- 34:02 The next health problem Anthony is looking to solve
- 36:42 What business owner’s need to know about entering retail
- 39:25 Advice for entrepreneurs working long hours and going off the grid
- 44:41 A mindset shift for entrepreneurs to start enjoying the process
- 50:17 How you can connect with Anthony
Links and Resources:
It’s safe to say that most of us have been doing more shopping online lately. And if you’re an ecommerce brand, that means you might be seeing more first-time customers.
But once they’ve made that first purchase, how do you keep them coming back?
That’s what Klaviyo is for. Klaviyo is the ultimate marketing platform for ecommerce brands.
Klaviyo gives you the tools to build your contact list, send memorable emails, automate key messages, and more. Way, way more.
That’s why more than 40,000 ecommerce brands— like Chubbies, Eight Sleep, and Living Proof— use Klaviyo to build a loyal following. Strong customer relationships mean more repeat sales, enthusiastic word-of-mouth, and less depending on third-party ads.
Whether you’re launching a new business or taking your brand to the next level, Klaviyo can help you get growing faster. PLUS it’s free to get started!
Just visit klaviyo.com/influence to create your free account today.
Sponsor: Ecom Growers
As an ecommerce entrepreneur, you shouldn’t expect to be the best at everything, and you probably don’t have time to learn to be the best.
So when your email isn’t performing like you think it should, and you don’t have time to manage it yourself, who you gonna call?
When this happens to my clients, I call Sully at Ecom Growers.
They’ve helped two of our clients double their email revenue in 30 days.
Ecom Growers was co-founded by a successful Shopify store owner-operator: Tyler “Sully” Sullivan.
You may remember Sully from previous episodes of this show, his posts in Shopify Facebook groups, or his own 7-figure store: BombTech Golf.
If you want to see how much more revenue you could be driving with email, go to ecomgrowers.com to apply for your free email blueprint.