Are you winging it when it comes to processes and systems in your business? Today’s guest will help you stop before you spiral out of control.
Joshua Uebergang is a master of processes and systems. He is the director of Digital Darts, a Shopify agency based in Australia, as well as a certified Shopify Marketing Expert. He is also a member of the Coalition.
In this episode, we get an inside look into an ultra-organized mind. We talk hiring process, the importance of SOPs (and how to write them), iOS 14 mistakes and opportunities, and tools and resources to create your own processes and systems.
Leave this episode with direct actions to get more organized and build a business structure so stable “a fool could run it.”
- 4:19 What Joshua is most interested in right now post-iOS 14 apocalypse
- 6:00 How Joshua got into eCommerce and the shift from Magento to Shopify
- 8:39 Key processes and systems that helped Digital Darts grow over the last 6 years
- 10:42 Why you need a step-by-step hiring process
- 12:01 The tools Joshua uses to manage processes
- 15:00 Defining the “why” in SOPs – not just the how
- 16:40 Comparing project management tools
- 17:45 How the Coalition helped Joshua level up in his business
- 22:17 Thinking about systems not only in business but also in your relationships
- 24:05 Common mistakes from the front lines of iOS 14
- 26:57 iOS 15 – how concerned should you really be?
- 39:18 Books that have helped Joshua on his journey
- 31:05 Is it easier to run a business with 8 people or 2 people?
Links and Resources:
- Digital Darts
- @digital_darts on Twitter
- Digital Darts on Facebook
- Joshua Uebergang on LinkedIn
- Book: Traction by Gino Wickman
- Book: The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
- Book: Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits! by Greg Crabtree
- The Coalition
- @a_brawn on Twitter
- Review or subscribe on iTunes