146: Why Your Ads Get More Expensive As You Scale (And What To Do About It)
Posted by June 7, 2018on
Are your CPAs on Facebook or Instagram rising? If so, you’re not alone.
As more advertisers pour into the channel the cost of advertising is going up! Today, we’ve got a special “Flash Episode” for you. We share why your acquisition costs always increase as you spend more and we go step-by-step through a process that will help you advertise more effectively and profitably.
This is a technical episode and one you might need to listen to a couple of times. But if you’re struggling to scale up your ad spend, it could be the ladder you need to take it to the next level. Andrew and I go super deep into the FB weeds and talk about audience building, refreshing ads, horizontal scaling, etc. Paid social advertisers…enjoy!
- 4:30 The super tool Facebook has given advertisers that you’re likely not even using.
- 6:08 How to find the “First Time Impression Ratio” for your ads to make sure you’re reaching new users.
- 10:23 Red Alert: Your CPA’s are rising. Here are the 5 levers you can pull to see overall improvements.
- 14:23 If you haven’t tried Instagram placement in over a year, or even the last 6 months, this is why you should be.
- 16:06 How to correct a failing ad set in just 5 minutes with a pen and some paper.
- 16:20 The advice Molly Pittman shared with Andrew for scaling your business on Facebook.
Links and Resources
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyo and you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
The “Perfect Popup” Template
Discover 7 Ways to Capture More Emails Without Giving Away Discounts