153: How to reclaim hidden profits from your Shopify store
Posted by July 19, 2018on
Are you an ecommerce business owner using Shopify? Then this episode is a must-listen.
Kurt Elster is a master at helping Shopify businesses uncover hidden profits from their stores and increase their conversion rates. The Ethercycle founder joins us today to share his expert tips on where to look for profits you may be missing out on, the design mistakes people consistently make, and the #1 thing that will give you the biggest competitive advantage over Amazon. Plus, he talks about the test you should do today to see how your customers are really engaging with your site. Enjoy!
- 7:26 The 30,000-foot-view quick win when it comes to optimizing your Shopify site.
- 9:48 The things top brands are getting right with website optimization.
- 12:37 The maximum number of apps your Shopify site should be running and why they may be slowing you down, even if you’ve uninstalled them.
- 14:13 How simply improving your website’s messaging can increase your conversions overnight.
- 15:01 Don’t over complicate the landing page and why a “quickie” product page could end up being your best landing page.
- 18:15 The things you can do to make your cart and checkout page more seamless and user-friendly.
- 19:46 Why you should probably turn off “order notes” on your checkout page.
- 25:45 The post checkout optimizations you should be making to increase your AOV.
- 29:46 The two misconceptions Kurt regularly sees when it comes to CRO.
Links and Resources
- The Unofficial Shopify Podcast
- The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Key Smart
- Tactical Baby Gear
- Brand Growth Experts
- Foxwell Digital
Doors are now open for the Brand Growth Experts Membership, a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
The Membership is open for a limited time only, and doors close at midnight CST on Tuesday, July 24. If you want to join, make sure you don’t miss your chance. Click here to learn more.
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyo and you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
Looking for an easy and effective way to increase your e-commerce site’s conversion rate while also providing your customers a simple and convenient way to pay? Then Sezzle is the payment app you’ve been looking for.
Sezzle allows your customers to buy now and pay in monthly installments. Sezzle settles up directly with the merchant through the purchase process and handles all verification and repayments directly with the customer so you never have to worry about dealing with missed payments. On average Sezzle customers saw a 6.5% increase in sales and a 55% growth of their average order value. Learn more at http://www.sezzle.com/influence.
The “Perfect Popup” Template
Discover 7 Ways to Capture More Emails Without Giving Away Discounts