028: Stop Copying Your Competitors – Candid Conversation
Posted by August 19, 2014on
Jeff Bezos once said, “Don’t focus on the competition, they’ll never give you money.” We know that many listeners, including ourselves, have at one point copied some of our competitor’s website navigation, their design, copy, conversion tactics, and maybe even their business model.
In this conversation, we’re going to provide you with some of the most important reasons, and some very concrete examples, as to why you need to stop copying your competitors…and what you should be copying instead. Give it a listen to the end and you’ll know what we mean.
Topics Discussed Throughout This Interview:
- Why you need to stop copying your competitors – Even if it’s “Nasty Gal” it might not be useful.
- Examples of copying gone wrong.
- The importance of data when copying.
- Should you redesign your website? (Check out the Chris Goward episode)
- When is it okay to copy.
- Two solutions to help you stop copying your competitors
- “Innovation makes the world a better place!”
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously, we’re very grateful for them.
We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad!
33 Killer Tools and Apps for Ecommerce Pros
Enter your email to access the list of my favorite tools for scaling your business