045: “There’s No Such Thing As An Impulse Purchase,” Apply The Jobs To Be Done Framework To Your Ecommerce Store For More Sales – Chris Spiek, The Re-Wired Group
Posted by October 30, 2014on
Chris Spiek is a Partner and Co-Founder at The Re-Wired Group, where he helps companies use the Jobs To Be Done (JTBD) framework to enable people to develop products that consumers love to buy and use.
He’s a technology executive with a background in Product Development & Innovation, Interactive Marketing Strategy, Disruptive Innovation, Sales & Marketing Strategy, and Web Application Development.
Chris has been studying, refining, and applying Jobs To Be Done across a variety of industries for over 10 years including software, education, consumer-packaged-goods, healthcare, e-commerce, and more.
He has taught Jobs to be done to teams in small startups and huge Fortune 500s, including a few companies you might know, MailChimp, Basecamp, and Intercom.
In this episode, Chris teaches you how to apply the jobs to be done framework to your ecommerce store.
- How the Jobs To Be Done framework contrasts with the “buyer persona”
- Why there’s no such thing as an impulse buy, and what that means to your business
- People “higher” products for a “situation”, not because of who they are
- Using JTBD to add situational context to your online advertising
- How to apply the Jobs To Be Done framework to your ecommerce store today, and start seeing results immediately
- Connect With Chris On Twitter (@chriscbs)
- The Re-Wired Group
- Jobs To Be Done Website
- JTBD Udemy Course
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously, we’re very grateful for them.
We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad!
33 Tools & Apps The Fastest-Growing Brands Are Using Right Now
Enter your email to access this list of killer tools for scaling up your ecommerce business