Is TikTok the new frontier for social advertising? How to get reliable Facebook ad performance data post iOS14? These are some of the questions The Social Savannah is answering for us today.
This episode features Savannah Sanchez, a media buyer and owner of The Social Savannah. Savannah started her advertising career at large agencies working on Facebook ad accounts. In 2019 she left to create her own boutique agency helping eCommerce brands with their paid social advertising.
She is a prolific creator of ads and creative as well as an optimization expert. She has cracked the code of TikTok ads and continues to be a top creator of winning Facebook creative.
In this episode Savannah and I discuss how to get started with TikTok ads, the key metrics to be tracking on Facebook post iOS 14, how creative strategies should vary between social channels, and some of the tools Savannah uses to track metrics across channels. Savannah also shares her vast knowledge working with TikTok influencers and what you can do to see success there.
If you are running a brand or doing digital marketing, you’re gonna get a lot out of this episode!
Plus: if you’re a member of the Coalition check out Savannah’s recent training: Demystifying TikTok.
- 4:40 Savannah’s community of media buyers
- 7:26 How Savannah got started in advertising
- 12:05 Takeaways from running media budgets of $100k+
- 15:03 The biggest difference between Facebook and TikTok ad account strategies
- 18:04 How to start from zero with TikTok advertising
- 21:05 Finding TikTok content creators
- 22:26 Going viral on TikTok
- 23:22 What a good hit rate is for TikTok
- 24:37 How KPI’s differ by social channel
- 28:53 The biggest changes on post iOS 14 Facebook
- 32:31 MER (marketing efficiency ratio): Savannahs favorite KPI
- 35:35 How long does it take to set up cross channel reporting for a simple channel strategy
- 38:26 The technical set up for TikTok
- 39:14 Using TikTok influencers to run ads
- 42:06 What Savannah’s daily life looks like
- 44:03 Savannahs favorite tools
- 1:01:52 Tips for success when breaking out on your own