Have you ever wondered what makes the difference between brands that scale and those who don’t?
A couple of months ago, I was asked this question on an interview with Kurt from the Unofficial Shopify Podcast.
After re-listening to the episode, I decided to share it with you. Kurt asks great questions and I outline my entire philosophy on growth. It’s especially timely to talk about scaling given the recent sale of MVMT Watches to Movado for $200 million.
In this episode, we talk about defining a growth strategy, scaling your advertising, and how to hire the team necessary to get to the next level. I also share what I’ve learned from working with some of the fastest growing brands in the country.
- 4:30 How Austin has helped many brands scale from $500k to $1MM.
- 7:00 Why it’s so important to do almost every job in your business before turning it over to someone else.
- 8:27 The big differences between the Shopify brands that scale up and those that don’t.
- 12:00 How to remove tasks from your plate so your business can scale.
- 14:20 The core KPI’s Austin uses to understand his client’s scalability.
- 15:56 Understanding what your net promoter score is and why it is so valuable to ecommerce brands.
- 23:00 The point at which Austin regularly sees businesses die out and how you can overcome it.
- 30:17 Everyone wants to scale their business but it does come with a few downsides.
- 33:45 How PR has helped many ecommerce brands become successful.
- 39:34 The questions you should be asking yourself to help you define your success.