034: 3 Types Of Buyers And How To Sell To Them – Strategy Session
Posted by September 9, 2014on
- 15% – Spendthrifts
- 24% – Tightwads
- 61% – Average Spenders
The psychology behind each type is fascinating, and understanding each one’s “buying mindset” will help you get closer to your customers, speak their language, and make more sales. 40% of people fall into wildly “irrational” categories, i.e. the spendthrifts and tightwads, which also means you’re potentially missing out on a lot of sales because most ecommerce sites focus on selling to the average buyer.
Understanding these three types of buyers and how to sell to them, along with a few tweaks to your site and copy, you’ll be able to capitalize on many more sales that might have otherwise been lost. In this episode, we break it all down for you so you can begin recapturing those buyers today.
Topics Discussed Throughout the Interview
- Breaking down the three types of buyers and how to sell to them.
- Why evaluating what buyer you are can help you sell better on your website.
- When to use negative emotion messaging vs positive.
- How Dave Munson at Saddleback Leather redesigned his website for analytical buyers and the results he achieved.
- When should focus 100% on one buyer personality vs generalizing.
Links & Resources
- 3 Types of Buyers – Neuro Marketing
- Tightwads and Spendthrifts
- 10 Ways to Convert More Customers Using Psychology
- Episode 19 with Dave Munson
Subscribe & Review
To get more awesome Ecommerce Influence content sent directly to your device and into your ears as they become available, you can easily subscribe by clicking on either one of the subscribe buttons below:
Also, ratings and reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars!) help us tremendously, we’re very grateful for them.
We do read all of the reviews and we’ll answer your questions or comments on future episodes.
Austin & Chad
33 Killer Tools and Apps for Ecommerce Pros
Enter your email to access the list of my favorite tools for scaling your business