If you hate what you’re doing – can you stop doing it? How can you stay engaged and keep your business ventures fun? Plus, using video sales letters for viral launches.
Andrew Drish is a good friend and we have spent countless hours talking about business, life, and relationships. So – I’m excited to bring him on the show and share one of these conversations with you.
Andrew was behind The Foundation, which was a very successful accelerator for developers building software companies. In this episode he shares the story of how he pulled off its 7-figure launch, completely automated, with a video sales letter that went viral.
From there – Andrew shares the story of how he completely burnt out and then came back to entrepreneurship with a whole new approach.
Over the years, Andrew has extensively studied top-performing video ads (Purple Mattress, Squatty Potty, etc) and he shares his winning formula that you can apply directly to your own video creative (hint: it’s more about the script than the visuals).
This is a great interview – Andrew has a ton of insight on life and business and I’m always inspired after talking to him. I hope you are too.
- 4:34 The impact The Artist’s Way has had on running a business
- 5:47 Learnings to make life and running a business more fun and playful
- 8:44 Why heartbreak is the best medicine
- 10:29 The power of the question “what would I do differently?”
- 13:11 The wild story of launching The Foundation while at Burning Man
- 15:26 Why Andy is now dark online and how his entrepreneurial journey has changed after burning out
- 20:16 The key principles of Andy’s new venture
- 21:48 The nature of entrepreneurs and what a good operator is
- 22:44 How to hire and build a team based on people’s nature
- 23:35 Going from determining principles to starting a business
- 26:00 The art and science of compelling video sales letters
- 31:07 Using humor to get a sale
- 34:42 Why text should be your priority over imagery when creating a video sales letter
- 38:08 Working with a team to create viral videos
- 43:47 Cryptocurrency and its potential impact on societal challenges
- 48:48 Resources that have helped Andy on his “DeFi” journey
Links And Resources
- Andy’s Website
- @andydrish on Twitter
- Book: The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Book: Nature and the Human Soul by Bill Plotkin
- Book: Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The Coalition
- @a_brawn on Twitter
- Review or subscribe on iTunes