“Systems run your business, people run your systems.” Learn how to grow your business and unlock hidden profit using virtual assistants.
Barbara Turley is the founder of The Virtual Hub, an agency that pairs businesses with virtual assistants, and she’s an expert at delegation. Barbara has paired over 500 virtual assistants with companies and her team is over 240+ in the Philippines. In this episode, she pulls back the curtain on how it’s worked for her, and how it might work for you.
This episode is very helpful if you are building a remote company, are thinking about using virtual assistants, or have tried and failed to use VA’s in the past.
- 8:38 How Barbara started her virtual assistants business
- 11:38 Roles for VAs that often get overlooked
- 13:10 Managing teams in different time zones
- 16:12 Where to start when hiring virtual assistants
- 19:20 Tools used to manage communication
- 20:32 The importance of having a process before hiring
- 22:07 Becoming a good delegator
- 26:55 Barbara’s team structure
- 27:19 Is there importance in connecting with a remote team in person?
- 28:46 Building culture for a remote virtual assistant team
- 31:40 How to not get burned from a VA experience
- 34:24 Paying virtual assistants and economic considerations
- 39:30 Where people get burned when building a company
- 42:34 Why you need an operating system
- 44:25 Hiring virtual assistants through word of mouth vs hiring process
Links And Resources
Are you working around the clock to build the business you always imagined? Do you want to communicate with your fast growing list of customers in a personalized way, but also get time back to work on the rest of your business?
Do you ever wonder how the companies you admire, the ones that redefine their categories, like Living Proof and Chubbies, do it?
They do it by building relationships with their customers from the very beginning, while also evolving in real time as their customer’s needs change
These companies connect quickly with their customers, collect their information and start creating personalized experiences and offers that inspire rapid purchase…often within minutes of uploading their customer data
Klaviyo empowers you to own the most important thing to any business…the relationship between you and your customers, and the experiences you deliver from the first email to the last promotion.
To learn more about how Klaviyo helps you own your growth, visit www.klaviyo.com/influence.
At Ecommerce Influence, we struggled to answer the same question as most of our listeners: how do we best monetize our hard-earned website traffic? We wanted to improve conversions, personalize experiences for our site visitors, and create popups that people actually love.
Lucky for us, we found a solution — OptiMonk. Companies like BlendJet, Avon, and The Body Shop use OptiMonk, because their solutions can boost an online store’s revenue by 20%.
OptiMonk can help you increase average order value, decrease cart abandonment, and collect valuable customer feedback. We worked with Optimonk to create a collection of high-converting popup templates exclusively for our listeners.
Visit optimonk.com/influence to check them out, AND get a 50% discount off your first 3 months.