157: YouTube Advertising for Ecommerce 101: Part One
Posted by August 14, 2018on
For the last few months, I’ve been getting a lot of emails asking about YouTube Advertising. And for good reason. Andrew and I spend a lot of time talking about what’s working on FB and IG and email, but very little time talking about YouTube Ads.
It’s not because I’m holding out on you. Frankly, it’s because I don’t know a lot about them.
I’ve never run YouTube Ads and have always thought of them as a bit of a black block. To remedy that, I brought a best-in-class guest (Tom Breeze of Viewability) on the show to explain how you can use them to grow your business.
We get into the details of who should be using them (and who shouldn’t), the difference between advertising on FB and YouTube, a discussion about creative, and a lot more. This a 101 episode because it will help you go from knowing nothing about them to understanding whether or not they would work for your business.
Enjoy part one of this very informative episode!
- 5:31 Why you should be paying attention to YouTube ads now.
- 7:53 Not quite sure of the placements and ad types on YouTube? Here are your best options.
- 11:14 The big difference between Facebook & YouTube audiences: why YouTube says their viewers are “leaning In” and looking to buy.
- 11:52 The 4 reasons people go to YouTube and how you can leverage this to connect with your audience.
- 15:13 How to tell if YouTube ads will work for you and your business.
- 19:33 How Google develops what they call “similar audiences” to automatically help you find your audience.
- 26:02 Why YouTube ads can be a great way to remarket to your other social traffic to give an omnipresent feel to your brand.
- 28:17 The importance of your brand story and how it is key to a successful YouTube (or any) ad campaign.
Links and Resources
Become a Member
If you liked this episode, you’re going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!
The “Perfect Popup” Template
Discover 7 Ways to Capture More Emails Without Giving Away Discounts